Title: Circulation and Systems Librarian
Immediate Supervisor: Library Director
Under the general direction of the Library Director, the Circulation and Systems Librarian administers and troubleshoots library systems including the ILS (III) and DSpace digital archive. This position manages the circulation department and all circulation processes. The Circulation and Systems Librarian participates in appropriate faculty and professional activities including serving on college and departmental committees. This is a full-time, twelve-month appointment. Interested applicants may send their resume to Stacy.Nowicki@kzoo.edu. Please include “Librarian Feb14” in the subject line.
* Assist the Library Director with technology planning and project implementation;
* Administer, maintain, and enhance library systems, including the integrated library system (III), discovery service (Encore), OPAC, ILLiad, DSpace, and PastPerfect;
* Provide technical expertise and project management in creating and maintaining digital collections for the DSpace digital archive; * Work with library staff to resolve issues with library technology systems and improve user
access to materials;
* Work with library staff to maintain library website;
* Work with the College Archivist to create Encoded Archival Description (EAD) finding aids for archival collections;
* Keep current on trends and developments in digital collections, institutional repositories, metadata creation, academic publishing, and other library technologies;
* Improve, establish, and document systems policies and procedures;
* Recommend new technologies as appropriate.
* Supervises all Circulation processes including checkins/checkouts, print and electronic reserves, copyright compliance, patron accounts, stacks maintenance, MeLCat (INNreach), RFID management, off-site materials retrieval, and statistics;
* Supervises, schedules, and plans workload for part-time and student circulation staff;
* Handles complex and sensitive problems involving circulation procedures and patrons;
* Maintains public photocopiers and fax;
* Develops and implements training programs for circulation services;
* Evaluates equipment and patron needs of circulation services;
* Develops and maintains procedure manuals for circulation services;
* Works cooperatively with other staff to coordinate library services.
* Serve as evening and weekend supervisor as scheduled;
* Professional development through participation in professional associations and conference attendance;
* Serve on committees as assigned;
* Perform other duties as assigned by the Library Director.
Physical requirements of the position include ability to work in a library/office environment with extensive use of computer and telephone; ability to lift and carry up to ten pounds; ability to read and write and to handle and process both paper and electronic documents; ability to move between and within campus buildings.
Experience with Innovative Interfaces library system; working knowledge of client server environments; experience working with API development and relational database queries and presentation; programming experience with PHP, Perl, and SQL; familiarity with DSpace and the Manakin XML interface; familiarity with networking protocols.
Published: Monday, March 3, 2014 14:39 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC