DescriptionThis position is located in the Office of Strategic Initiatives at the Library of Congress, and reports to the director of the National Digital Information and Preservation Program (NDIIPP). The incumbent works on complex, multi-faceted prototype and production systems, and assists with software analysis, design, development, documentation and implementation of these systems. The incumbent updates and modifies the existing Library applications, designs new applications, generates documentation, and is responsible for the maintenance and upgrades. The position conducts information requirements analysis to identify priority areas for improvement of current systems.
This position is with the NDIIPP’s Web Archiving Team and is to support development of tools which manage various aspects of the web archiving lifecycle and workflow, and which support access to and preservation of archived web content. The successful incumbent will have significant experience working with MySQL databases and PHP scripting. Experience or knowledge of web archiving practices is encouraged though not required.
- The position description number for this position is 63909.
- The salary range indicated reflects the locality pay adjustments for the Washington, D.C., Metropolitan area.
- The incumbent of this position will work a flextime work schedule and has potential for telework up to two days a week.
- This is a non-supervisory, bargaining unit position.
- Relocation expenses are not authorized for the person(s) selected under this vacancy announcement.
- Independently designs, develops, and manages major software projects in a specific specialty area to meet complex new or modified existing or future business requirements. Independently conducts specialized data analysis to help understand the concerns, issues and/or problems of an organization. Conducts top-down data modeling sessions with user subject matter experts. Formulates conceptual data models, entity and attribute definitions.
- Works with specialized programmers on complex, multi-faceted prototype systems, such as leading multi-functional development projects in software analysis, designing, developing, and implementing new systems or major enhancements to existing systems. Updates and modifies existing applications, designs new applications, and has ongoing responsibility for maintenance of automation programs.
- Plans and coordinates the design and development of data warehouses and data marts meeting business and mission requirements. Leads projects developing and implementing meta-schema. Plans and coordinates implementation of new database strategies on an enterprise-wide basis; defines implementation plans and actions and interprets and explains strategies as needed.
Applicants must have had progressively responsible experience and training sufficient in scope and quality to furnish them with an acceptable level of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the position without more than normal supervision.
- Knowledge of computer languages, programming paradigms, utilities, platforms, and development toolkits. **
- Ability to develop software applications. **
- Ability to plan, organize, and execute work.
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in digital information management, retrieval, and delivery.
- Ability to write technical documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively other than in writing.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC