DescriptionThe Database Developer III will be a member of a team responsible for the analysis, design, development and implementation of database technologies for a platform that provides the ability to search and retrieve content. The ideal candidate must be able to convert business requirements into a software design and then implement the design collaboratively with software development teams.
Some of what you'll be doing:
• Developing Front-end screens using Oracle JDeveloper 10g/11g with Application Development Framework (ADF)
• Deploying using Oracle Application Server 10g/11g components
• Implement software to meet business requirements, along with developing and deploying unit and integration tests. Work with database architects to understand design criteria and determine implementation strategies
• Analyze problems found in production and development activities and collaborate with support teams to identify and implement solutions
• Be an active participant on product development teams and initiatives by providing feedback on business requirements, including technical impacts and challenges
• Provides continuous improvement of existing architecture through regular root cause analysis, identifying cost savings initiatives, and executing business process improvement plans
What you'll have experience doing:
• 5+ years of design and development experience with large-scale, complex n-tier scalable systems in a 24x7 production environment
• 3+ years’ experience in developing Front-end screens using Oracle JDeveloper 10g/11g with Application Development Framework (ADF)
• 3+ years’ experience using Oracle Application Server components
• 3+ years’ experience in gathering user requirements, writing and using functional specifications and developing detailed design specifications from these requirements
• Experience with Oracle Database 11g new features
• Effective execution working in a distributed team model, including successful consensus-building
• Strong software development skills in Oracle J Developer ADF, including testing and debugging
• Experience creating design documents
• Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• Experience with Oracle JDeveloper 10g with Application Development Framework (ADF)
• 3+ years experience in writing core Oracle PL/SQL Packages, Procedures, Functions, and Triggers
• 1+ year experience using Oracle Web Logic Server components
• Previous experience with agile development methodologies, in particular Scrum
• Familiarity with Application Express
Apply Directly at: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH17/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=PROQUEST&cws=1&rid=1166
Here’s what you want to know about ProQuest:
Fantastic people: Where smart is the norm and unique is welcome
Fun location: Restaurants all around, within walking distance to Briarwood Mall, and approximately 3 miles from Downtown Ann Arbor.
Great benefits: On-site events, flexible scheduling and wellness programs, plus Bike to work benefits.
Awesome office environment: Nice office, jeans are the norm and unlimited complimentary coffee and tea for the caffeine craved
Amazing company: Annual compensation reviews, generous bonuses, along with being voted as one of the Top Places to Work by Detroit Free Press, three years in a row!
ProQuest connects people with vetted, reliable information. We provide seamless access to and navigation of more than 125 billion digital pages of the world's scholarship, delivering it to the desktop and into the workflow of serious researchers in multiple fields, from arts, literature, and social science to general reference, business, science, technology, and medicine. The company is currently rolling out the all-new ProQuest® platform, which moves beyond navigation to empower researchers to use, create, and share content—accelerating research productivity.
If this position isn’t quite your fit, check out our other positions posted on our “Career” page under About Us. ProQuest’s corporate office is located in Ann Arbor, MI. www.Proquest.com
How to apply
Published: Thursday, February 27, 2014 22:44 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC