Academic Technologies Librarian
Type of Appointment: Assistant or Associate Professor; tenure track, 9-month appointment plus 28 additional duty days
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Date of appointment: August 20, 2014
SCSU invites applications for an Academic Technologies Librarian. This is a probationary/tenure-track position with the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, dependent on qualifications and experience. More information about Learning Resources Services can be found at: http://lrts.stcloudstate.edu/
Reporting to the Dean of Learning Resources Services, the successful candidate will:
Support and provide leadership for the integrated library system (in a consortial environment), open source initiatives, archives and repository management systems, and library integrative technologies.
Provide vision and leadership to investigate, evaluate, and incorporate emerging technologies into library systems and services.
Manage multiple library-related systems and technology projects.
Participate in the establishment of library information and technology goals, objectives, and priorities.
Coordinate with campus information technology services to assure a consistent and constantly improving library user experience.
Communicate and translate systems and technology concepts, issues, and opportunities within and among diverse academic communities.
Perform other library responsibilities, including liaison work and other collaborative activities.
In order to be considered for tenure, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to: 1) teach and/or perform assignment effectively; 2) conduct scholarly achievement or research; 3) continue preparation and study in discipline; 4) contribute to student growth and development; and 5) provide service to the university and community. (IFO Article 22, Section B)
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/documents/IFO_Plan_11_13.pdf
- ALA-accredited master’s degree in library and/or information science or international equivalent degree at the time of application
- Two years minimum experience with library systems, including an integrated library system and an open URL link resolver
- Evidence of demonstrated ability to work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends and technologies in academic libraries
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects
- Demonstrated initiative and self-direction as well as ability to work collegially
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong public service commitment
- Evidence of progressively responsible experience in managing library systems and technologies
- System management experience with Ex Libris Aleph
- System management experience with SFX link resolver
- Professional experience with content management systems, such as WordPress or Drupal, and institutional repository software
- Professional experience working in an academic library
- Demonstrated ability to design and teach classes, workshops, or training opportunities.
- Second graduate degree.
How to apply
Melissa K. Prescott
Published: Monday, February 24, 2014 21:45 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC