DescriptionGeorgia State University Library seeks a collegial, innovative, and dynamic Business Data Services Librarian to provide research support for business research and data services, as well as innovative outreach and instruction to students and faculty in the J. Mack Robinson College of Business. With a primary focus on the faculty and students of the Robinson College of Business, this position will also engage with students and faculty in an exciting new library facility, CURVE (Collaborative University Research & Visualization Environment), and through consultations, instruction sessions, and in-person and virtual reference services. The successful candidate works collaboratively with other subject librarians to deliver statistical and numeric data services, including software support (SAS, SPSS, etc.) related to business, and is pivotal to defining and expanding the Library’s role in supporting data services in business and related disciplines.
This position is part of the University Library’s Social Science, Business & Education team and is one of two librarians who support the Robinson College of Business. Some weekend and evening work required. Georgia State University librarians hold faculty rank and are expected to engage in service and scholarly activities.
- ALA-accredited Master’s degree in Library and/or Information Science
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in a business, economics, statistics or data-oriented social science field
- Minimum two (2) years professional experience in an academic or special library
- Extensive knowledge of business and financial resources in all formats
- Extensive knowledge of the research process in business disciplines
- Demonstrated experience with one or more software packages for quantitative data analysis (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R, etc.)
- Experience providing library instruction and/or classroom teaching or training
- Strong understanding of current issues, trends, and technologies impacting higher education and academic libraries
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to pass a background check
- Experience with the Bloomberg Terminal, Datastream, and WRDS
- Experience developing online tutorials
- Demonstrated scholarly and professional activities
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC