Web Services Librarian
Web Services Librarian The Ohio University Libraries invites applications and nominations for the position of Web Services Librarian. We seek an innovative candidate who is comfortable in a changing environment; eager to engage stakeholders in a dynamic, fast-paced atmosphere; committed to working effectively with students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds; and energized by an exciting future. Reporting to the Head of Web Services, the Web Services Librarian performs ongoing analysis of the Libraries' web presence to support continuous improvement of the user experience; participates in the development, operation, and maintenance of Libraries web sites and services; and works with library staff to develop knowledge and capability in the use of web sites and services.
- Working from a librarianship and customer service perspective, plans and conducts ongoing analysis of the Libraries' web services, including market research, user studies, web analytics and related activities toward the continuous improvement of the user experience.
- In collaboration with the Web Designer, ILS Coordinator, and other staff, participates in the development, operation, and maintenance of the Libraries' web sites and services, possibly including but not limited to the Libraries' web site, integrated library system, discovery layer, link resolver, proxy server, and digital collections.
- Provides library staff development, training, and support related to the Libraries' web sites and services.
- Engages in continuing self-education as necessary to adapt to new technologies and continually improve the Libraries' web services.
- Engages in regular professional development through research, publications, presentations and participation in regional and national associations as part of the continuing commitment to bring best practices and innovative services to Ohio University students and faculty.
- In collaboration with the Libraries' IT Support Specialists, provides occasional general technical support to Libraries staff and patrons.
- Master's degree in Library/Information Science from an ALA-accredited program by the time of the appointment.
- Experience using library web services (examples: integrated library systems, discovery layers, link resolvers) utilizing staff-facing services and/or assisting library patrons with the use of patron-facing services
- Strong general computer literacy; ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS and basic understanding of web site development and maintenance
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with web analytics software such as Google Analytics
- Experience with web usability testing
- Teaching, training, or technical support experience
Experience with the WordPress content management system, EBSCO library products, and/or Innovative Interfaces integrated library systems
How to apply
Published: Monday, February 24, 2014 21:48 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC