DescriptionPenguin Random House Canada is looking for a project coordinator to work on digital product development within the digital team.
This role focuses on three key areas: project coordination, product development, and outreach. You will work closely with the Digital Project Manager in all areas and contribute directly to both product innovation and digital fluency within Penguin Random House Canada. The role will evolve over time, but your initial work will focus on web-based product development.
Daily responsibilities will include working with third-party development and design resources to ensure that projects are delivered on time and on budget; working with internal partners (editorial, design, production, marketing) to plan projects; and staying abreast of trends in digital publishing and sharing your findings with the company.
- You have an opinion about the future of publishing and ideas about how you can contribute to that future.
- You have demonstrated project management experience, ideally building web solutions.
- You’re knowledgeable about publishing standards (such as HTML, CSS, EPUB, ONIX) and emerging technology.
- You have experience working with content management systems and/or frameworks (we work with Drupal).
- You have excellent communication skills and can explain things like APIs to a non-technical audience.
- You can translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- You have excellent coordination skills and can motivate a team to get things done.
- You’re comfortable with data (and uncomfortable without it).
- You have a university degree or equivalent experience.
- Of course, you also have a deep and abiding interest in books, and can hold your own in a conversation with world-class editors and authors.
- The position is located in our Toronto Street office and reports to: Meghan MacDonald, Digital Project Manager.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC