DescriptionCarol Grotnes Belk Library at Elon University invites applications for the position of Systems Librarian. We seek a librarian who is committed to cross-functional librarianship, interested in working in a collaborative library environment, and eager to engage in the daily life of the university community. This librarian will provide leadership, direction and technical expertise for the library’s technology infrastructure and systems to ensure access to library resources.
- Manage the shared integrated library system (Innovative Interfaces Millennium). Advise and consult on all ILS-related matters with library staff in Belk Library and Elon Law Library, and serve as liaison to the ILS vendor.
- Coordinate all library-specific technologies, including ContentDM, Anyconnect, EZproxy, Springshare products and RefWorks.
- Understand the functional, operational, and service needs of an academic library to develop gateways to access library resources.
- Collaborate with colleagues to investigate, recommend, and implement technologies to improve access to library resources. Serve as the library’s primary liaison with Instructional and Campus Technologies in communicating and resolving library technology needs and solutions.
- As a faculty librarian, share in weekend and evening reference responsibilities, contribute to library committees and activities, and participate in university governance. Depending on interest and qualifications of applicant, may serve as subject liaison to one or more programs, with responsibility for collection development, library instruction and the development of course and subject guides.
- A master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program in library, and/or information science.
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical projects within a library setting and knowledge of academic libraries and their patrons.
- Experience with and understanding of an integrated library system (III Millennium preferred).
- Intellectual curiosity, an ability to learn and adopt technologies quickly, and the capacity to anticipate, prevent and solve problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a high degree of detail-orientation.
- Experience in an academic library providing programming support for the major applications of a library’s online environment.
- Proficiency with one or more programming or scripting languages.
How to apply
Published: Monday, February 10, 2014 20:30 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC