Integrated Library System (ILS) Analyst
The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County — Cincinnati
0 other recent jobs
Created: February 5, 2014
DescriptionThe Public Library of Cincinnati & Hamilton County is inviting applications for the position of ILS Analyst within its four-member ILS Department.
Interested applicants should apply online at http://www.cincinnatilibrary.org/info/employment.asp.
Integrated Library System (ILS) Analyst
• Performs ongoing development and support for the integrated library system (ILS) including: analyzing processes, problem resolution, recommending solutions, system testing, and implementing service changes.
• Works with library staff to determine system customizations and workflows based on customer needs and process improvement. Makes new recommendations or modifies existing configurations based on analysis and decision-making to ensure the effective delivery of library services.
• Troubleshoots and/or develops interfaces for the integration of system data with third-party or locally developed application systems.
• Creates reports of system data, performs integrity checks on system functions, and safeguards quality of system data.
• Leads projects utilizing standard project management skills: work plans, charters, risk management, budget management, conducting meetings, documentation, etc.
• Develops specifications for systems including: system narratives, data elements, data gathering and verification techniques/methods, accounting and auditing controls, block diagrams, flow charts, decision tables, input-output requirements, etc.
• Works with software vendor to ensure problems are reported and solutions are being actively sought.
• Writes status reports, problem reports, procedures, and detailed documentation of system processes.
• Cooperates with team members to resolve problems and achieve goals.
• Effectively presents ideas and acts as a facilitator for staff committees to monitor and provide feedback on the ILS.
• Provides Computer Services Help Desk Support for ILS issues as needed.
• Regular and reliable attendance is required.
• Two or more years’ experience in systems analysis, design, testing, and troubleshooting.
• Evidence of advanced analytical and problem-solving skills to construct logical and innovative solutions to complex technical problems.
• Self-starter with an intellectual curiosity to investigate new solutions on own.
• Knowledge of database architecture, record structure, and Boolean logic in creating queries.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects concurrently.
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Effective oral and written communication skills with a customer service focus, including the ability to communicate with staff having a wide range of technical abilities.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational/project management skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of library principles, practices, and techniques.
• Evidence of creative contributions and accomplishments.
• Experience administering an integrated library system, preferably Innovative Interfaces Sierra, and web discovery platforms.
• Project management experience or leadership experience within a committee environment.
• Knowledge of specific library functions and bibliographic/MARC record structure.
• Proven expertise and advanced troubleshooting experience in supporting the library functions of circulation, cataloging, acquisitions, serials, and associated public-facing discovery products.
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or an equivalent combination of education and experience. MLS is desirable.
40 Hours per week, including weekends and evenings.
Grade K: $51,604.80 - $77,396.80 per year
Questions may be addressed to:
Vicki Meehan, ILS Manager
Do not send applications to this address. Applications will be accepted only via the library’s online job application system accessed via http://www.cincinnatilibrary.org/info/employment.asp.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC