DescriptionThe BC Libraries Cooperative (http://bc.libraries.coop/) is a Canadian, non-profit community enterprise. We are strategically focused on the delivery of shared operational infrastructure and resources for our diverse members – over 100 institutions across Canada. Simply put, we strive to improve efficiency, reduce costs and extend service delivery in libraries.
We are seeking a person with strong PHP skills to continue building out our numerous WordPress services, as well as a number of emerging Drupal-based services and other PHP-based applications. In addition to development work, this position will also help administer these applications and provide Tier 2 support to them.
This will be a full-time term position (35 hours/week), posted initially for 12 months with the possibility of renewal. Compensation is negotiable, depending on qualifications and experience. The Co-op is a highly distributed team; we have a head office in Vancouver but have staff and contractors located around the province and country. The successful candidate does not have to be from the lower mainland, although if not, occasional (3-4 times/year) travel to Vancouver may be involved.
- Develop and maintain PHP extensions to WordPress and Drupal that run the Co-op’s extranet and numerous emerging services.
- Administer WordPress multi-site installation, including software updates & user management
- Potentially some alterations to themes and other front-end customization work
- Act as Tier2 support for the Co-op’s emerging LibPress service
- Other related duties as assigned
- PHP development skills
- strong WordPress administration capabilities
- experience managing and customizing Buddypress
- Ideally, experience with WordPress plugin creation and/or debugging
- Experience with Owncloud would be an asset
- Ability to work in a distributed team in an online environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into technology issues, as required.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
Candidates must clearly indicate how they meet the position requirements. Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume in PDF format to office at bc.libraries.coop no later than February 14, 2014.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC