Director & University Archivist - Digital Collections & Archives
Created: February 4, 2014
Tufts University Medford0 other recent jobs
DescriptionThe Digital Collections and Archives (DCA) supports the teaching and research mission of Tufts University by ensuring the enduring preservation and accessibility of the university's permanently valuable records and collections. The DCA assists departments, faculty, and staff in managing records and other assets by providing information management consultation, advice, and stewardship. The DCA collaborates with members of the Tufts community and others to develop tools to discover and access collections to support teaching, research, and administrative needs, in addition to providing reference and instruction services.
The Director and University Archivist oversees all of DCA's staff, collections, and services and has primary responsibility for strategic direction, planning, budget management, fundraising, collection development, developing grant proposals and managing grant-funded projects. The Director leads a highly-integrated staff team and has responsibility for the departmentâ€™s day-to-day operations as well as setting strategic direction for the department in support of the universityâ€™s strategic goals. The Director represents DCA internally and externally, to donors, community members, and within the profession. Participates in university-wide policy development and implementation particularly focused on institutional data management.
- MLS from an ALA-accredited program and 10 years of related experience OR Bachelorâ€™s Degree and 15 years of related experience.
- Strong proficiency in office applications.
- Proven experience leading and mentoring diverse, dedicated, professional staff.
- Success in developing and managing grant projects.
- Experience negotiating with donors in complex political and emotional contexts.
- Knowledge of intellectual property issues and related laws.
- High proficiency in problem-solving leadership skills, particularly prioritizing competing demands.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Experience presenting formally and informally before diverse audiences, including to students, faculty, administrators, and donors and at professional conferences and events.
- Strong record of engagement in the archival profession.
- An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
- Advanced degree in related field.
Internal Number: 2403
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC