DescriptionThe College of Southern Nevada recognizes that embracing diversity maximizes faculty and staff contribution to our goals and provides the best opportunity for student achievement.
CSN is committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, religion, age, disability, military or veteran's status, in admissions, educational programs or activities, and employment as required by applicable federal and state laws and regulations. Responsibility for coordination of compliance efforts and receipt of inquiries concerning Title VI, Title VII, of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and the Americans with Disability Act of 1990, has been delegated to Debbie Tanner, Compliance Investigator II, CSN Charleston Campus - 6375 West Charleston Blvd., Office E-128, Las Vegas, NV 89146, (702) 651-5783, email@example.com.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
Job Description This position will be open until filled. Application review will begin 03/08/2014. For full consideration all application related material should be submitted by 03/07/2014.
CSN Library Services seeks to hire a full-time Librarian beginning summer 2014. Under the direction of the Director of CSN Library Services and in coordination with the faculty librarians, the successful candidate will be responsible for the leadership, planning, and management of online library resources including the website and other digital content. S/he ensures interactive user engagement with library digital content and investigates new methods and tools for presenting content that support student learning and success. The librarian provides quality support and development for a variety of online services including the library's web site and provides reference/research assistance including virtual reference to students and faculty in a busy campus library environment. All librarians participate in continual assessment and improvement of library services to students. Duties include maintaining and updating library web site files including mobile-enhanced web applications while ensuring emerging technologies are appropriately applied; collaborating with library staff to create and maintain web content including instructional tutorials; maintaining database access via EZproxy system; managing database administrative accounts; and serving as a liaison to the Office of Technology Services and E-Learning unit. As a library faculty member, the Digital Services Librarian is expected to participate in professional development and service activities in order to meet the College's requirements for tenure.
- Develops dynamic web and mobile-enabled web applications, orkflows, communication and collaboration tools, and web pages that are interactive and provide a quality user experience
- Collaborate with librarians, faculty, and staff to: create online learning tools and resources (e.g., online tutorials, web-casting instruction) with an emphasis on materials to support student learning and success
- Coordinate the development and ongoing assessment of online tutorials and other materials to support instruction in the use of information resources
- Manage ongoing maintenance of the Library's licensed digital resources, including tasks related to activation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of resources.
- Oversee access issues for licensed digital resources, including management and configuration of the Library's proxy server, A to Z list, discovery platform and link resolver.
- Provides information and research services and leads collection development for several areas
- Required Qualifications MLS/MLIS from an ALA accredited program from a regionally accredited college or university
- Experience in computer programming, web design, or related field
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to creatively solve problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with web or technology project management
- Strong organizational skills
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 10:37 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC