Senior Web/Interaction Designer
Created: January 31, 2014
bepress Berkeley0 other recent jobs
The mission of bepress (www.bepress.com) is to help scholars maximize the impact of their work. Our flagship product, Digital Commons, is the world’s leading digital repository and online publishing platform for academic institutions. We support over 300 academic libraries and thousands of individual scholars and researchers in their efforts to showcase and share their work. Bepress has been accelerating the pace of scholarly exchange since 1999 through providing solutions to support open-access publishing.
About the role
This is an opportunity to re-envision a product as we implement our next generation open, service-oriented architecture. You will be a part of a team responsible for both transforming our platform while continuing to provide value to our subscribers. We are looking for a senior level designer with hands-on technical skills: someone who has the conviction of a web standards evangelist and the backbone to play ball with our programmers.
Please, show us your work! You can include a link to your portfolio or send a PDF.
This is a full time, on-site position.
• Help define the information architecture of new products.
• Follow best practices for design and user experience for all products.
• Create design artifacts to support brisk, productive cross-functional exploration, prioritization and usability assessments.
• Collaborate with product management, engineers, and other stakeholders to both align and execute on company and customer goals.
• Maintain current knowledge of web design trends.
• 5+ years web software design experience.
• Deep understanding of web standards and accessibility.
• Expert knowledge of front-end technologies; HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap/Foundation, LESS/Sass.
• Strong knowledge of visual design principles.
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative suite, and wire-framing software such as Axure or Balsamiq.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with Django a plus
• Bright, quick and a structured thinker.
• A natural collaborator with strong interpersonal skills.
• Positive with a good sense of humor.
• Driven and direct.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC