The mission of bepress (www.bepress.com) is to help scholars maximize the impact of their work. Our flagship product, Digital Commons, is the world’s leading digital repository and online publishing platform for academic institutions. We support over 300 academic libraries and thousands of individual scholars and researchers in their efforts to showcase and share their work. Bepress has been accelerating the pace of scholarly exchange since 1999 through providing solutions to support open-access publishing.
About the role
This is an opportunity to re-envision a product as we implement our next generation open, service-oriented architecture. You will assume a hands-on leadership role as we build our future while continuing to provide value to our subscribers. We are looking for a senior level designer or developer with both technical and leadership skills: someone who has the conviction of a web standards evangelist and the backbone to play ball with our programmers.
Please show us your work! You can include a link to your portfolio or send a PDF.
This is a full time, on-site position.
• Oversee, lead and guide a team of front-end engineers through agile software development lifecycles
• Mentor and motivate team members towards success
• Act as gatekeeper of all front-end code.
• Define the information architecture of new products.
• Drive the best practices for design and user experience for all products.
• Collaborate with product management, engineers, and other stakeholders to both align and execute on company and customer goals.
• Maintain current knowledge of all relevant UI technology and web design trends.
• 5+ years in a software development organization in a design or web developer role.
• Team leadership or management experience
• Knowledge of web standards and accessibility.
• Expert knowledge of front-end technologies; HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap, LESS.
• Strong knowledge of visual design principles.
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative suite and/or wire-framing software such as Axure or Balsamiq.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Previous experience with the following a plus:
Django, Template Toolkit, a CMS such as Wordpress or Drupal, working in an agile environment, Scrum.
• Bright, quick and a structured thinker.
• A natural collaborator with strong interpersonal skills.
• Positive with a good sense of humor.
• Driven and direct.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC