Are you good at explaining technical information to people? Do you love helping people understand how to use new tools to better their and their clients' lives? Do you like to fix things when they break and love learning new things as you work? Then we need you! The ProQuest, Software Support Specialist is responsible for first-level support, and configuration of Serials Solutions products. Clients are primarily systems, technical services and serials librarians at client libraries. Our Software Support Specialists answers emails and phone calls, escalate bugs and enter feature requests, troubleshoot issues and propose improvements to support materials and processes. They will work with clients to help manage their Serials Solutions products. This position will require mastering Serials Solutions products and data and how they interact with each other, as well as a broad understanding of electronic serials, URL structure (and construction) and Electronic Resource and Management Systems in general.
Some of what you'll be doing:
- Customer Service Savvy: Provide and sustain a high level of first-line, Tier 1 customer service to the customer base and local distributors for online products and services
- Service Leader: Leads the handling of incoming service requests (telephone, email etc.) in accordance with Serials Solutions standards
- Chief of Troubleshooting: Troubleshoot technical and non-technical issues, research issues and follow up with Serials Solutions staff
- Bug Catcher: Escalate queries, bugs and feature requests as appropriate; work with other Product Support teams on such requests as needed
- Product Support Specialist: Propose product support materials and processes as needed to enhance product support capabilities What you'll have experience with:
- At least 1 year of technical support and customer-facing experience
- Experience handling technical and/or customer support issues
- Experience with HTML and CSS.
- Ability to learn and adjust to new things very rapidly.
- Shares knowledge readily and recognizes own need to learn.
- Good time management and punctuality.
- Proven skills with MS Office Suite of products Bonus Points!
- Bachelors' degree
- Language skills (speaking, reading and writing fluency) are highly desired in French
- MLS or MLIS from ALA accredited institution, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with library OPACs and other bibliographic records systems desired
- Experience teaching or training others, especially in a technical context
- Understanding of electronic journals and databases
- Experience using academic search engines
- Experience writing support documentation
Go to http://www.proquest.com/en-US/aboutus/careers/careers.shtml to apply directly.
Here's what you want to know about the Seattle office: Fantastic people: Where smart is the norm and unique is welcome Fun location: Coffee houses, restaurants and right across the street from Fremont's best pub Great benefits: Plus some unique stuff like monthly transportation subsidy, on-site events, flexible scheduling and wellness programs Awesome office environment: Nice office, jeans are the norm and (well behaved) Fido is welcome Amazing company: Annual compensation reviews, generous bonuses, and active "Green Team" and good morale
About ProQuest ProQuest connects people with vetted, reliable information. We provide seamless access to and navigation of more than 125 billion digital pages of the world's scholarship, delivering it to the desktop and into the workflow of serious researchers in multiple fields, from arts, literature, and social science to general reference, business, science, technology, and medicine. The company is currently rolling out the all-new ProQuest(r) platform, which moves beyond navigation to empower researchers to use, create, and share content-accelerating research productivity. If this position isn't quite your fit, check out our other positions posted on our "Career" page under About Us. ProQuest's corporate office is located in Ann Arbor, MI. www.Proquest.com
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC