DescriptionThis highly visible position strategically supports the On-Demand Advanced Platform business initiatives for AMC, IFC, Sundance Channel, WE tv, AMC/Sundance Global and their associated products.
Under the direction of the Director, Advanced Platform Planning & Distribution in the Digital Media department at AMC Networks, Inc, the Manager of Advanced Platform Planning & Distribution will be responsible for understanding and implementing the strategic directions, priorities and needs of the Metadata, Scheduling & Distribution Team (MST). The Manager will participate in the execution of all projects as assigned, to ensure the deliverables meet all business units’ criteria. The Manager will also be a point of contact for all assigned business units related to metadata & scheduling.
The Manager will work strategically with AMC Networks cross-functional teams to execute and promote product roadmaps that drive content availability on emerging platforms through effective process and project management.
The Manager will work with other teams (such as Scheduling, Marketing, Sales Ads, Business Development, Global) to coordinate regular support for launched products and existing deliverables.
- Responsible for the metadata and scheduling management of all Advanced Platforms as it pertains to the creation and delivery of metadata deliverables on behalf of the business units, including, but not limited to Digital Set-Top Box On Demand (DSTB), Electronic-Sell Through (EST), TV Everywhere (TVE), Mobile and Global.
- Oversee the operation and daily performance of specified workflow processes
- Attend meetings with business units to review metadata and scheduling initiatives and report specifics to team
- Manage multiple processes with definitive time lines, ensuring execution to expectations, and timelines are met.
- Develop and implement project plans to improve efficiencies via analysis and recommendations.
- Anticipate business needs, identifies risks and opportunities, and recommends solutions to senior management.
- Report departmental status, deliverables, expectations & results to diverse group at all levels of the organization.
- At Director’s discretion, act as a department point person for identified workflows, attend intra-company meetings, industry events and be secondary level contact for external partners.
- Manage best practice documentation of MST
- Support Director in strategic planning of all initiatives related to the metadata, scheduling and distribution responsibilities of department.
- Manage direct report performance aptitude and support Director in: 1) Evaluating manpower needs and 2) Developing team on non-direct responsibilities (training, culture, atmosphere, etc.)
- Define and control project scope, goals and objectives, project schedules, reporting metrics, communications plan, issues and risk management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field to media or communication. Masters of Library Science or Information Science is a plus.
- 3+ years experience in project management
- Demonstrates excellent project management skills through detailed project planning, including but not limited to, creation of project plans, goals & objectives, time-lines & assumptions, action plans and risks analysis
- Able to share past project plans details from inception to post-mortem
- Demonstrates record of success in goal oriented environment
- Strong analytical, communication and management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Able to use current productivity/technology tools to create visual presentations for large groups.
- Leader who influences and impacts others, challenges in a provocative and respectful manner, reaches consensus of opinion and drives performance to meet objectives.
- Ability to work independently in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Experience in managing direct reports in similar environment
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of metadata and XML schema
- Strong computer skills including solid knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and other advanced systems.
- Competent and proficient understanding of platforms such as Hulu, Netflix, TV Everywhere, iTunes and Amazon.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Proficient with relationship strategy, team leadership, growth and quality assurance.
- Ability to effectively analyze departmental processes and recommend improvements
- Able to adjust to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent presentation, organizational, analytical, interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
- Second language is a plus
Published: Wednesday, July 4, 2012 01:30 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:47 UTC