Senior Linux Systems Engineer
Created: January 22, 2014
United States National Agricultural Library Beltsville0 other recent jobs
DescriptionThe National Agricultural Library is now recruiting for a senior level Linux Systems Engineer. The announcement will close on Friday, January 31, 2014.
Complete vacancy announcement information and application instructions are posted on USAJOBS:
Job Announcement Number: DEU-14-1014938-AMN; Control Number: 358520300.
This position is in the Systems Technology Branch, which is responsible for managing National Agricultural Library (NAL) enterprise servers and networking; operating the NAL data center with its associated telecommunications and related support equipment; providing and supporting local area network services, desktop equipment, and end-used software; and tracking and resolving reported problems.
The incumbent will serve as a senior Linux Systems Engineer and is responsible for managing web applications, web services, and Java EE applications on virtualized and consolidated server/storage infrastructure.
- Manages web applications on virtualized and consolidated server/storage infrastructure
- Provides technical advice to management in setting technical direction
- Conducts analyses, develops plans and procedures, and configures tools and systems
- Installs new or modified hardware and operating systems and applications software
- Installs and integrates systems fixes, updates, and enhancements
- Evaluates the impact of proposed applications on the operating environment and recommends changes to ensure its functionality and stability
- Manages resources to ensure and improve systems performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability
- Monitors and troubleshoots systems administration methods and procedures
- Develops and documents systems administration methods and procedures
- Ensures rigorous application of information security principles and practices in the management of IT systems
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC