DescriptionUNB’s Harriet Irving Library, Fredericton, invites applications for the position of Web Developer. The Systems Group at the University of New Brunswick Libraries has an opening for a Web Developer to join our dynamic and enthusiastic team. We are a small group of talented people responsible for all aspects of the UNB Libraries IT systems. This is a field undergoing tremendous change and presents many opportunities for innovation.
Our projects include everything from designing and building standalone web applications for new digitization initiatives to supporting cloud-based library administrative software. Our goal is to provide leading edge and innovative solutions using the latest technologies and standards, built on a strong usability and accessibility foundation. The successful candidate will work with a Senior Developer under the guidance of a Solutions Architect, but will be expected to propose their own solutions and ideas to the team.
- Develop, test, and maintain Drupal components in support of digital collections.
- Build new Drupal based projects and web sites.
- Migration of older web sites to current standards to improve functionality and security.
- Build custom applications in support of Library related processes.
- Keep abreast of IT security issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. A minimum of two years of work in the computing field.
- Experience with LAMP architecture web development and Drupal or other content management systems.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining open source software.
- Exposure to version control using git.
- Must work effectively in a collaborative team of developers.
- Must be self-motivated, and able to work independently as well as under direct supervision.
- Must take initiative and apply creativity when approaching challenges.
- Able to communicate effectively within a development team and with non-technical external stakeholders.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- This full-time (36.25 hpw) position is in the Professional and Technical Staff Union employment group. The salary is $41,921 - $54,499 per annum (a market differential may apply).
Applications, including resume, for competition #118-13.14-CB should be submitted by February 7, 2014 4:30PM to:
Human Resources & Organizational Development
University of New Brunswick
P. O. Box 4400
Fax: (506) 453-4611
For further information please visit our website at: http://www.unb.ca/postings
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will be accepted until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to the principle of employment equity.
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 15:43 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC