DescriptionThe Princeton University Library is one of the world's leading research libraries, serving a diverse community of 5,200 undergraduates, 2,600 graduate students, 853 faculty members, and many visiting scholars. Its holdings include more than 7 million printed volumes, 5 million manuscripts, 2 million non-print items, and extensive collections of digital text, data, and images. The Library employs a dedicated and knowledgeable staff of more than 300 professional and support staff housed in a large central library, 9 specialized branches, and 3 storage facilities.
This position will work as a member of the Systems Office team that supports and develops the library's web sites and web applications. As a participant in the continued development and support of our Library-wide Drupal environment, our discovery systems, and our resource sharing systems, the incumbent will work with other developers, small teams of librarians, archivists, and curators to design and develop sites and applications to serve our departmental libraries, collections, and exhibitions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of one to three years web programming experience in a LAMP Environment
- Experience with Drupal, Wordpress, or a similar content management system
- Competency with Git/Github for source code version control and collaboration
- Strong interest in front end web development
- Experience with Drupal theming and module development
- Experience and/or familiarity with building software for libraries
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with at least one other programming language (e.g. Python, Java, Ruby)
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC