DescriptionCan you harness the power of people and technology to deliver exceptional library services? Then join a Library engaged in community-driven services to lead staff in creating the Pierce County Library’s technology and digital infrastructure and services, and in delivering an innovative and exciting future to residents of the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Pierce County Library, a 2013 National Medal for Libraries recipient, serves 558,000 residents of 15 cities and unincorporated Pierce County through 18 branches and online services.
The successful candidate will help shape the technological environment (both digital and physical) as our technology visionary in this newly created, executive level position.
Immediate work includes leading creation of a new department that integrates the work of the technical IT department and public service Virtual Services into one department. The Library’s strategic Technology Plan, created by staff with input from customers, will guide the vision of this vital department, which will provide a superior and up-to-date online and technology experience for customers and staff.
The successful candidate will:
- Have both strong technical IT skills and a commitment and understanding of customer service.
- Have demonstrated skill in project management and supervision.
- Be a strategic thinker and an excellent communicator.
- Have proven ability to lead and implement change, develop and lead staff, build teams, work cross-functionally and participate in a System that continually improves.
- Serve as a member of the Library’s Administrative Team.
- Ensure community members have opportunities to learn, explore, read and enrich their lives through technology.
Published: Monday, January 6, 2014 16:56 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC