Two volunteer interns are needed in the Office of Innovation, located in College Park, MD to work approximately 8-12 hours per week. Virtual interns are welcome to work from any location.
Interns are encouraged to work with their educational institutions to obtain course credit for this unpaid internship.
Responsibilities: Tasks the selected candidate will be expected to perform may include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Work to design, develop, test, integrate, support, and document user-facing applications and back-end systems.
- Support the philosophy of open source, shared, and community-built tools, scripts, and technologies.
- Support content management policies, process, and workflows, and contribute to the development of new ones.
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and experience with, web application and software development and data modeling.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
- Experience working in the context of a software development methodology.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in a team environment and the ability to interact well with stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Semantic Web and linked data concepts and technologies.
- Knowledge of library practices and data formats, including XML, OAI-PMH, MODS, MARC, and Dublin Core.
- Ability to administer PHP/MySQL applications such as WordPress and Omeka.
- Considerable knowledge of the methods and tools used in electronic data processing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated desire to learn new toolsets and programming languages
- Working knowledge of version control systems
Only email applications will be considered. Please email documents to the attention of Dannielle Blumenthal at email@example.com.
How to apply
Published: Sunday, December 22, 2013 22:24 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC