Digital Collections & Oral History Archivist
Created: December 19, 2013
Dartmouth College Hanover0 other recent jobs
DescriptionCoordinates and manages ingest, appraisal, and delivery of born-digital manuscripts and archival records, working closely with the Digital Preservation Librarian. Plans, manages and implements oral history projects, working in conjunction with the College Archivist.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of oral history procedures and practices
- Editorial skills
- Ability to work with confidential information
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of archival standards, theory, and practice
- Working knowledge of the issues surrounding electronic record-keeping systems and standards
- Strong commitment to public services
- Ability to work effectively in a team and service oriented environment
- Communicates effectively with a wide range of individuals with diverse backgrounds.
- Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse population.
- Experience or training in oral history
- Experience or training in the management of electronic records and media
- Librarian I: 0-3 years post-graduate experience, preferably in an academic or research library
- Librarian II: 4-6 years post-graduate experience, preferably in an academic or research library
- Librarian III: 6-11 years post-graduate experience, preferably in an academic or research library
- Librarian IV: 11+ years post-graduate experience, preferably in an academic or research library
- Masters in Library and information Sciences or equivalent graduate degree
- Archival concentration preferred
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Internal Number: 22408
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC