Created: December 13, 2013
3M Saint Paul0 other recent jobs
Location: Maplewood, MN, US
Organization: Corporate Staff Groups
Primary Location: USA Region-United States-Minnesota-Maplewood
Other Locations: USA Region-United States-Minnesota-Maplewood
3M is seeking a Systems Librarian for the Information Research & Solutions department located in Maplewood, Minnesota. Be part of what’s next!
The Systems Librarian will be responsible for the technical development, coordination, administration, management and maintenance of various applications. The Systems Librarian will investigate, evaluate, recommend and implement emerging technologies which improve user experience in discovering, searching, finding and acquiring content in a corporate environment.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide information technology leadership and expertise in the development and support of innovative information solutions.
- Offer “art of the possible” vision for library management systems and technologies, including federated search, discovery service, link resolver (OpenURL), library portal, Integrated Library System, authentication (SAML/Shibboleth) and mobile delivery apps.
- Develop solutions using standard web development tools and programming/scripting languages, utilizing information vendor APIs and web services.
- Obtain and analyze statistics, generating reports to improve library systems and to inform technical management.
- Assess user experience to ensure efficient and effective content discovery and access.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Masters degree in Library and Information Science (MLIS) and/or Library Science (MLS) degree from an ALA-accredited university
- Minimum 1+ years experience with planning, managing, developing and/or implementing information solutions in a library environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or Information Science from an accredited university
- Experience implementing digital solutions utilizing emerging web and library technologies
- Experience extracting data and creating reports from relational database management system (RDBMS) such as Oracle or SQL Server
- Experience utilizing user-centered design techniques for user interface development and testing
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic
Relocation: Is authorized
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $30 billion in sales, 3M employs about 88,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 70 countries. Be part of what’s next! Join 3M – follow us @3MCareers and learn more at YouTube.com/3MCareers.
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M.
3M is an equal opportunity employer!
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC