DescriptionSerials Solutions Program Managers partner with product managers to define product requirements and lead cross-functional software development teams from design through delivery. This position involves regular communication with stakeholders and management on status, risks and change control.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Partner with Product Managers to define product requirements.
• Lead (in collaboration with PM and Dev lead as appropriate) cross-functional software development teams from design through delivery.
• Work with the IT Operations team to create plans and schedules which interface with product team deliverables.
• Regular communication with stakeholders and management on status, risks and change control.
• Serves as Tier 2 level of support – communicating regularly with the client support & customer implementation teams on specific product implementation or feature issues.
• Capture functional requirements and author associated documents; including software specifications, use cases, business requirements and related artifacts.
• Create and manage project schedules, milestones and risks, and communicate them across the organization.
• Drive and resolve 3rd party relationships, communications, development, contract, legal, support issues.
• Work directly with support staff to help investigate the viability of requirements and enhancements suggested by end users, to ensure that projects and features satisfy business requirements.
• Provide matrixed team leadership and be a driving force in cross-functional process improvement.
• Minimum 5 years of professional experience in software functional analysis, QA, product support, development, project or program management with at least 2 years in demonstrated success as Program Manager.
• This position requires a working knowledge of IT Operations, including hardware, networking and Cloud environments, as well as build/deploy and monitoring tools.
• Strong communication, organizational, and negotiation skills to work effectively with cross team members as well as with clients, external teams, managers, and executives.
• Manages multiple competing projects or tasks with minimal direction from management.
• Experience capturing functional requirements and authoring associated documents; including software specifications, use cases, business requirements, project schedules and related artifacts.
• Experience working in a team environment with Product Management, development, QA and IT on projects.
• Experience in developing and managing project schedules, milestones and risks, and communicating them across the organization.
• Understands and assesses critical paths and dependencies for delivering and shipping products and facilitates discussions between project teams, product management and engineering.
• Full SDLC experience, particularly in a hosted application environment.
• Ability to work independently as well as a team member.
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to quickly grasp and understand technical problems, concepts, and the underlying technologies used in Web-based applications.
• Ability to work directly with support staff to help investigate the viability and requirements of enhancements suggested by end users, to ensure that projects and features satisfy business requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies.
• Experience with HTML, XML, APIs and understanding of relational databases required.
• BA/BS required, Computer Science preferred.
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
• Experience in Web-based applications which serve an international audience.
• Professional experience coordinating different types of software life cycle methodologies.
• Knowledge of the library industry preferred, particularly electronic resources and knowledge base databases.
Other important information about this position:
• This position is typically based in the Seattle, WA office and may be appropriate for full or partial remote work, subject to approval.
• Occasional travel is required.
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, December 4, 2013 20:56 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC