DescriptionThe Lead Software Developer will draw upon their technical skills to help develop and maintain products using modern, technologies and development tools. They will need to draw upon their experience and leadership skills to drive the technical execution of software projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Designing, developing, enhancing, monitoring and maintaining core functionality in online SaaS products
• Evaluate design and development proposals, identify and suggest viable options, estimate scope of work, create project documentation, implement designs, execute project deliverables and follow through with users
• Identify, prioritize, and assign work to others to ensure the right solution is delivered at the right time
• Be involved in creating and improving infrastructure to address system performance, security, maintainability, and scalability of the product
• Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or related field, plus 8+ years’ related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong Programming skills in Java, Python, Ruby, or Perl. Knowledge of Unix/Linux and shell scripting.
• General knowledge of regular expressions, XQuery/XPath, XML, XSLT.
• Excellent problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile and order data.
• Ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships.
• Skilled in Agile development methodologies (including unit testing and continuous integration).
• Proven ability to own, manage, and take responsibility for the success of a code line
• Strong project and process management skills
• Experience in delegating work to others as well as experience in mentoring team members
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
• Participation in several full system implementation life-cycles (analyze, design, build, test, implement, support).
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; strong analytical skills and a demonstrable bias toward action.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
Other important information about this position:
• This position is typically based in the Seattle office and may be appropriate for full or partial remote work, subject to approval.
• Occasional travel is required.
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 21:06 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC