SOFTWARE ENGINEER SR.
Created: November 12, 2013
Emory University Atlanta1 other recent jobs
DescriptionSOFTWARE ENGINEER SR.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Identifies, designs, develops, implements, and revises software applications to meet business needs. Supports software applications and associated operating systems. Programs, analyzes and writes specifications. Devises solutions to system problems. Develops and tests applications; makes revisions to improve functionality. Develops and analyzes the effectiveness of new applications and test procedures. Writes and edits reports to provide recommendations, conclusions and other data. Performs related responsibilities as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A bachelor's degree in computer science, math, engineering or a related field and three years of related experience in programming and software systems or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Knowledge of software development in a research institution context preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS required by the library in addition to the minimum required qualifications of the University:
• Experience with Python/Django and/or with Java development technologies such as Spring and GWT
• Experience with web standards like REST for seamless integration between complex systems
• Experience with relational databases
• Experience collaborating on software via version control
• Fundamental Linux skills
• Familiarity and desire to work with agile methods
Additional preferred qualifications include:
• Experience with continuous integration/deployment
• Experience with SOA and enterprise systems integrations
• Experience building and optimizing Solr/Lucene indexes
• Experience with Fedora Commons or other repository systems
• Experience with non-relational databases (e.g. eXist)
• Contributions to Open Source Projects and participation in developer communities
• Experience working in an academic environment
• Experience with Metadata (e.g. MODS, Dublin Core, TEI, EAD, DDI) and Semantic web standards.
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS: Works as part of an agile team to design, implement and revise software applications that meet library and digital scholarship needs. Acts as the technical lead for one or more code bases. Mentors other developers with respect to development best-practices and standards. Participates in the development and extension of the overall Emory University Libraries and Emory Center for Digital Scholarship development environment and architecture. Leads the evaluation of emerging technologies and promotes their usage. Collaborates with stakeholders in the development of the user stories that comprise the product backlog that defines the scope of a given development effort.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications /resumes must be submitted online through http://www.hr.emory.edu/careers/index.html and looking for job posting #40461BR.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC