DescriptionSystems Software Engineer
JOB DESCRIPTION: As part of a team, develops different components of a software project, implements unit and integration tests for these components, and creates technical documentation for users and developers. Projects and applications may include Web and Grid services oriented systems; portal environments; client-server based applications; applications that manage, integrate, and analyze large scale databases; applications and middleware infrastructure that provide federated, secure access to multiple applications and databases; knowledge management and integration systems; and systems for high performance databases and analysis applications. Designs and implements interoperable middleware components, data models, and interfaces for integration of multiple software systems, applications, and databases. Develops and integrates software for secure and controlled access to application components and databases. Designs and implements graphical user interfaces for components of a software system and for applications. Performs related responsibilities as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field and one year of software engineering or related experience. A master's degree in Computer Science or Engineering is preferred. Strong programming skills in Java, C++, object oriented-design, XML, SQL and database development. Experience with web services, grid technologies, distributed computing strongly preferred. Experience with software engineering best practices such as requirements gathering, version control, automated testing, and configuration management is desirable. Strong leadership and communication skills.
• Significant experience with web application development, preferably in a Linux J2EE environment.
• Proficient in JavaSript and CSS programming
• Experience with Python.
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
• Capacity to be a great teammate.
• Experience as a systems or software engineer in an academic setting.
• Experience with the Ex Libris suite of search and discovery tools, especially Primo and Aleph.
• Experience applying SOA principles and methodologies.
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS:
Reporting to the Enterprise Systems Team Leader, the Systems Software Engineer joins a team of engineers responsible for the administration and enhancement of the Emory University Libraries’ search and discovery infrastructure.
The Enterprise Systems Engineer reports to the Enterprise Systems Team Leader. Individual performance is informally reviewed on a regular basis and formally on an annual basis. Progress toward unit and professional goals is a key component of performance evaluation process.
• Provides complete software engineering lifecycle support for integrations and extensions of the libraries’ enterprise systems.
• Participates in the systems, database and application administration of the libraries’ enterprise systems.
• Provides escalation-level end-user support for the libraries enterprise systems.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications/resumes must be submitted online through http://www.hr.emory.edu/careers/index.html and looking for job posting #39734BR.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC