DescriptionOhio Wesleyan University is a selective, private, undergraduate liberal arts, residential institution founded in 1842 and is located just 20 miles north of Columbus. We invite applications for: Discovery Services Librarian The Libraries at Ohio Wesleyan University seeks a creative, flexible, and innovative individual for the newly created position of Discovery Services Librarian. Reporting to the Head of Collection Services, the successful candidate will improve, extend, and integrate the Libraries’ various search tools, including our library catalog, discovery layer, library web page, and e-resources portals, in order to promote seamless access to our resources. In addition, the Discovery Services Librarian will serve as librarian liaison to assigned academic departments; provide individual research assistance and course-related instruction; and contribute to staffing the reference desk, including some evening and weekend hours.
- Masters degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in an academic library.
- Knowledge of current practices and tools used by academic libraries for the access to and discovery of resources.
- Knowledge of cataloging, including MARC and AACR2.
- Experience with HTML coding and web page development.
- Proficiency with using relational databases, spreadsheets and other productivity tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with ability to share technical expertise with diverse audiences.
- Effective planning, organizational, and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and collegially with internal and external campus constituents.
- Strong commitment to creating and supporting innovative, user-centered library resources and services.
Qualified candidates should go to http://jobs.owu.edu to obtain complete position details and application instructions. Applications received before July 15, 2012, will be given first consideration. Ohio Wesleyan University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and encourages all interested applicants, including women and minorities, to apply.
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 12:42 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:47 UTC