DescriptionBrown University Library seeks a Library Web Manager to oversee and manage content and software tools to support the Library’s web presence. The Library Web Manager will coordinate with stakeholders across the Library to administer the Library’s content management system and ensure consistency and accuracy of information on the Library’s public websites, intranet, and social media. S/he will work to improve the integration of the Library’s web-based discovery systems, and assist in the assessment, testing and implementation of new or improved services.
• Provide oversight and guidance for the creation, organization and maintenance of content for the Library’s public websites and intranet
• Coordinate with content owners to ensure that the Library’s web presence is relevant, accurate, up-to-date, user-centered and accessible
• Collaborate in the design, implementation, and management of a Drupal content management system (CMS) for the Libraries, including responsibility for configuration and user support
• Develop and recommend policies, workflows, and content authoring guidelines for Web content development, implementation, and maintenance
• Conduct training in creating web content using the CMS
• Working with a library-wide advisory groups, assist in the development of effective and intuitive interfaces for the discovery of library content by ensuring the effective presentation of search options, metadata, and related resources
• Field questions and identify solutions to improve access and retrieval of library resources via the web
• Regularly assess and promote awareness of new and existing services, such as Summon, VuFind, etc.
• Participate in the design, implementation and analysis of user research/usability studies
• Conduct regular analytics to identify opportunities for improvement
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Demonstrated content management and web publishing experience
• 3-4 years of related professional experience
• Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to think creatively
• Strong understanding of usability, usability testing, and information architecture concepts
• Experience with web analytics analysis
• Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
• Master's degree in Library or Information Science, Computer Science, or equivalent.
• Experience developing and managing Drupal-based web sites
• Supervisory experience leading a team
To apply for this position (Job #B01524), please visit Brown’s Online Employment website (https://careers.brown.edu), complete an application online, attach documents, and submit for immediate consideration. Documents should include cover letter, resume, and the names and e-mail addresses of three references. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Brown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC