Digital Asset Management Archivist
Created: October 13, 2013
OMNITEC Solutions Washington, D.C.0 other recent jobs
DescriptionOMNITEC Solutions, Inc. provides creative services in Broadcast and Audio Visual, Feature Videos, Photography and Design Services areas. The ideal candidate will have skills archiving multimedia & digital records, with past experience supporting Public Affairs or a media production team to facilitate effective metadata tagging specific to the needs of this team, and also have a working knowledge of Audio-Visual systems and tools. The digital assets developed are preserved, organized and distributed using a Digital Asset Management System (DAM).
The Digital Archivist will operate the system and manage the video, audio, photo and graphic design elements, by developing meta-data, cataloguing schemes and approaches and ensuring access to the assets from a staff population of 3000.
This is a full-time, on-site position in Washington, DC, 20431.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as a system administrator and manage the overall collection of the digital media assets (video, photography, audio and design files)
- Ensure effective metadata tagging, file structure and find-ability.
- Create archive (file) structure for each asset group to best accommodate end users and content producers’ needs.
- Meta-tag and catalogue newly edited and unedited digital assets (video, photography, audio and design files)
- Prepare digital files of hard media legacy assets.
- Develop taxonomy and document archival protocols.
- Contribute in the development of archiving standards and workflow.
- Generate weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Configure digital archive software, manage user accounts, and control access (ACL management).
- Provide hands-on training and support for new internal and general users.
- Master’s Degree from an ALA-accredited program with a concentration in information science, archives management, library science or comparable program.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with digital asset management.
- Thorough knowledge of metadata schemas and standards; experience with metadata standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital archives, electronic record management, and digital preservation practice.
- Experience working for an in-house media production team that handles design files, audio, video and photography.
- Experience with the "Media Beacon" DAM tool is highly preferred!
Please forward your resume and compensation history to Employment@omnitecinc.com.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC