DescriptionOMNITEC Solutions, Inc. provides creative services in Broadcast and Audio Visual, Feature Videos, Photography and Design Services areas. The digital assets developed are preserved, organized and distributed using a Digital Asset Management System (DAM). The Digital Archivist will operate the system and manage the video, audio, photo and graphic design elements, by developing meta-data, cataloguing schemes and approaches and ensuring access to the assets from a staff population of 3000. This is a full-time, on-site position in Washington, DC, 20431.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as a system administrator and manage the overall collection of the digital media assets (video, photography, audio and design files)
- Ensure effective metadata tagging, file structure and find-ability.
- Create archive (file) structure for each asset group to best accommodate end users and content producers’ needs.
- Meta-tag and catalogue newly edited and unedited digital assets (video, photography, audio and design files)
- Prepare digital files of hard media legacy assets.
- Develop taxonomy and document archival protocols.
- Contribute in the development of archiving standards and workflow.
- Generate weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Configure digital archive software, manage user accounts, and control access (ACL management).
- Provide hands-on training and support for new internal and general users.
- Master’s Degree from an ALA-accredited program with a concentration in information science, archives management, library science or comparable program.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with digital asset management.
- Thorough knowledge of metadata schemas and standards; experience with metadata standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital archives, electronic record management, and digital preservation practice.
- Experience working for an in-house media production team that handles design files, audio, video and photography.
- Experience with the "Media Beacon" DAM tool is highly preferred!
Please forward your resume and compensation history to Employment@omnitecinc.com.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC