DescriptionThe Atlanta University Center - Robert W. Woodruff Library supports the teaching and learning missions of four institutions of higher learning that comprise the world’s largest consortium of HBCUs—Clark Atlanta University, the Interdenominational Theological Center, Morehouse College, and Spelman College. Conveniently located and easily accessible to the campuses, the Woodruff Library is the center of the intellectual and social life at the Atlanta University Center.
The AUC Woodruff Library’s “2010-2015 Strategic Plan: Building a 21st Century Learning Community – Advancing the Academic Village,” places emphasis on five priority areas: greater integration and partnership with our member institutions; strategic communications and marketing; quality learning and instruction; innovative learning technology; and increased resource development.
To meet its strategic goals, the library is re-engineering its functional units. Tools and resources are being employed to enhance learning experiences, pedagogical methods and curriculum. As part of this strategic implementation process, the Information and Research Services Department has been restructured and renamed. The Discovery and Access Department (D&AD), continues its focus on reference and research consultation, instruction, outreach and selection. The department is also positioned to create a learning environment that merges current learning strategies and new technologies to transform library instruction.
The RWWL-AUC seeks and innovative, energetic and experienced E-Learning Technologies Librarian. This newly created position will work collaboratively with faculty, students and library staff to support effective use and inclusion of current and emerging learning technologies, multimedia applications, and library resources into teaching, research and study. This position is responsible for planning and implementing an integrated teaching and technology curriculum that will incorporate classroom, small group, individual, and online learning components. The E-Learning Technologies Librarian is responsible for the library's virtual existence on social media platforms, including establishing, monitoring, and entering communications that promote the library, its programs and resources. The E-Learning Technologies Librarian will participate in providing information and research services, in collection development and will serve as liaison to one or more academic departments within the Atlanta University Center. This position supervises 3 FTE and reports to the Head, Discovery and Access.
To view the full job posting, please visit our website at www.auctr.edu.
- Demonstrated ability to create web-based instructional tools and other web-based resources
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with multimedia design and production, online course management systems, and technical writing and editing
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with using presentation tools (e.g. TechSmith, Camtasia, MS PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with using production tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Apple iTunes U, Apple Final Cut Pro, Audacity)
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with using web development technologies (HTML, Flash, CSS, Java Script, Action Script)
- Demonstrated knowledge of information literacy concepts and applications
- Experience with reference services
- Experience in teaching library instruction classes in an academic environment
- Ability to work in both PC and Apple environments
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to work with diverse populations
- MLS/MLIS degree from ALA –accredited institution
- Degree or certification in instructional design, educational technology or related field with demonstrated experience in applying the underlying theories of instructional technology; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Teaching experience
- Supervisory experience
- Two years experience working in an academic library
Salaray and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience; benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, company paid disability plans, company match retirement plan (TIAA-CREF).
Interested applicants should submit a letter of application and resume online to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com. Please include three professional references and salary requirements. Application review begins April 2012 and will continue until position is filled. The Robert W. Woodruff Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more about our Library visit us online at www.auctr.edu.
Published: Friday, June 15, 2012 05:02 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:47 UTC