Senior Programmer/Team Lead
University of Kansas — Lawrence, KS
0 other recent jobs
Created: October 7, 2013
DescriptionSenior Programmer/Team Lead
The Senior Programmer Team Lead in the Departmental Development & Support unit is expected to work within a standards-based collaborative team environment to contribute code, provide technical support and development expertise to various development projects and applications. This programmer will support Library web and mobile applications. Different skill sets may be emphasized as dictated by current priorities requiring the incumbent to be adaptable and flexible. The incumbent is also expected to take every opportunity to advance skill sets in areas that are critical to the organizations, especially web-based application development and mentoring other programmers in the group. Effective communication with peers, other campus service providers/data sources, and management is essential to assure timely, well-documented results.
45% - Develops code, maintains, and supports software, applications, and web sites independently or as a member of a small standards-based team while continuously seeking methods for automation, efficiency, and security conscious development.
20% - Provide input and guidance for Team goals, direction, and vision which includes
- Advancing library strategic priorities
- Leadership, Communication, and Process Improvement
- Be a leader and advocate for business analysis to the University community and promote the value of business analyst work
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with various campus partners and subject matter experts
- Communicate frequently with Director, Manager(s), and Technical Leads on project progress, problems, and resource needs
- Establish and capture metrics for measuring effectiveness to improve processes and efficiency
- Provides assistance with the other members of the team.
- This position is considered a resource for ideas, conflict resolution, and facilitating BA best practices.
10% - Works with the Department Unit Manager to coordinate assignments, workloads, communicates frequently, provides status updates, and knowledge to clients and peers.
10% - Collaborates with clients, other developers, library staff, and members of the university community to understand and contribute to project needs and advancing library priorities. As well as maintain a broader view of the KU environment.
10% - Ensures deliverables meet relevant standards and architecture in a team culture of code walk through.
5% - Other related duties as assigned
- 2 – 4 years’ experience with PHP programming
- 2 years’ experience with
- Web-based Application Development
- The application of object-oriented programming techniques
- Development and maintenance of a database focused application
- RDBMS (prefer mySQL and/or Oracle)
- UNIX flavor operating system (Prefer Linux)
- A bachelor's or higher degree from an accredited institution.
- Familiarity with metadata standards and formats for library systems (e.g., MARC, Dublin Core, METS, MODS) and protocols for search and retrieval (e.g. OAI-PHM, Z39.50).
- Experience supporting systems for library management, digital library services, scholarly communication and research support, or learning management.
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with technical teams, business partners, and management including excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Experience producing technical documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to act as lead programmer on projects.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of the following
- Git or other version control system
- Apache SOLR
- PHP Frameworks (prefer Symfony or Zend)
- CMS systems (prefer Drupal)
- Application/web security
- Integration with external web services, directory servers(LDAP), and authentication/authorization
- Software architecture design, system analysis and associated methodologies
- Strong time-management and organizational skills, with a record of being flexible, accurate, detail-oriented, reliable and self-motivated.
Salary Range: $60,000 - $70,000
Contact Information for Applicant: Vickye Kozlowski/(785) email@example.com
Initial Review Date: November 10, 2013, open until filled.
Specific Detailed Application Instructions for this Position: A complete electronic application will include a detailed curriculum vitae, a cover letter, and the names and contact information for three references.
How to apply
Published: Monday, October 7, 2013 14:44 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC