DescriptionTop Production Company located in Santa Monica is looking for an outstanding Archivist with strong knowledge of the Film and TV industry.
• Managing the day-to-day operations of the archive.
• Organizing and cataloging archives on-site and off-site.
• Maintenance of electronic archive database to facilitate access to materials.
• Ensure that the database is current and accurate.
• Preserve and store all objects relating to the company’s activity and history including props, photographs, and memorabilia.
• Daily media tracking of digital and print publications and broadcasts.
• Processing and preservation of publications including trades, newspapers, magazines, online articles, as well as television broadcasts.
• Manage the request and distribution of promotional materials.
• Other assigned projects as necessary.
• Archivist certification or Master’s Degree in Library & Information Science
• Minimum of 2-3 years archival experience with an applied interest in film and television.
• Demonstrated practical knowledge of contemporary archival practices, policies, and procedures.
• Demonstrated project management, analytical, and research skills.
• Ability to work independently and exercise initiative, discretion, and judgment.
• Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with others.
• Ability to work with electronic records and databases.
• Experience utilizing digital reproduction technologies such as scanners and digital cameras for preservation.
• Ability to transport assets off-site.
• Must be proficient in File Maker Pro and Adobe Photoshop.
Please forward resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
Published: Tuesday, October 8, 2013 00:53 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC