DescriptionThe Atlanta University Center - Robert W. Woodruff Library supports the teaching and learning missions of four institutions of higher learning that comprise the world’s largest consortium of HBCUs—Clark Atlanta University, the Interdenominational Theological Center, Morehouse College, and Spelman College. Conveniently located and easily accessible to the campuses, the Woodruff Library is the center of the intellectual and social life at the Atlanta University Center.
POSITION SUMMARY: The library invites applications for the position of Unit Head, Digital Services. This newly created position and unit is a part of the recently restructured and refocused Content and Collection Management department. This position will be responsible for the scope of services for this new unit. The Unit Head, Digital Services manages the daily operations of the library's digital services unit, grant funded projects, and staff. S/he works collaboratively with library staff and faculties at academic institutions to deliver digital services and content in support of teaching, learning and research. They will lend dedicated focus to the library’s Archive Research Center. The Unit Head, Digital Services Librarian is responsible for researching, recommending, and implementing emerging technologies that exploit creation and management of and discovery and access to digital collections. S/he develops best practices, policies and procedures for digital asset creation and management. The Unit Head, Digital Services Librarian, reports to the Head of Content & Collection Management. To view the full job posting, please visit our website at www.auctr.edu.
- Experience managing born digital content, content reformatting, and digital asset management systems for discovery and access
- Familiarity with trends and issues associated with preservation of digital content to include applicable copyright law and practice
- Demonstrated understanding of the application of digital technologies as it relates to scholarship and teaching
- Knowledge of metadata standards such as Dublin Core, EAD, or METS
- Experience with digital image file formats and software
- Ability to direct the work of support staff
- Demonstrated experience with web page creation, scripting and mark up languages including PHP, CSS, XML, XHTML
- Knowledge of copyright and licensing issues affecting digitization efforts
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- An MIS or MLS degree by an accredited institution
- Experience with digital asset management systems
- Experience working in an academic library
- Minimum two years supervisory experience preferred
- Project management experience
SALARY & BENEFITS: Salary commensurate with experience; benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, company paid disability plans, company match retirement plan (TIAA-CREF).
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Interested applicants should submit a letter of application and resume online to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com. Please include three professional references and salary requirements. The Robert W. Woodruff Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more about our Library visit us online at www.auctr.edu.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:47 UTC