DescriptionAre you a Java Developer who craves the opportunity to write code that drives our products and enables things to get done? Do you enjoy interacting collaboratively with Software Development, QA and Project Management teams to create software products that truly matter?
Then we want you to bring your smarts, passion and innovative ideas to our team and help us conquer the challenges of bringing the “best of the best” software products to market for our library patrons and resource manager customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Configuring and maintaining implementations for acquiring content for Summon
• Supporting our internal metadata librarians, implementation teams, and support organization through Content Tools development
• Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
• 1+ years of strong skills in Unix/Linux and shell scripting
• Familiarity with a variety of data formats and encodings such as XML, HTML, and MARC
• Knowledge of regular expressions, XQuery/XPath, XML, XSLT
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
• Programming skills in Python or Java
• Background working with Library Catalogs
• Fluency in languages other than English
Other important information about this position:
• This position is typically based in the Seattle office and may be appropriate for full or partial remote work, subject to approval.
• Occasional travel is required.
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Published: Tuesday, October 1, 2013 23:01 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC