University of Texas at Austin — Austin
0 other recent jobs
Created: September 29, 2013
DescriptionTo supervise and participate in creating digital content while managing and preserving a growing body of digital assets.
- Preserve, describe, and provide access to primary source digital materials, both born digital and digital content created in house.
- Develop processes for archiving and preserving digital material that exist on email, websites, social media as well as material residing on current or legacy formats.
- Prepare digital content with rigorous attention to metadata creation and oversee digitization operations and workflows.
- Work with staff to develop a digital repository for assets, participate in collections development, donor relations, assessments, and acquisition.
- Participate in reference desk rotation, assist in transferring archival collections to the Center, with some occasional travel as needed.
- Deliver digital content to external discovery and delivery mechanisms in collaboration with the Center's web team.
- Assist with the research and implementation of information architecture and emerging technologies.
- Other related functions as assigned.
- Masters degree in Information Science, Information Studies, or Masters in History with a concentration in archival enterprise.
- Strong knowledge of forensic technologies used by archival communities for harvesting, managing, and preserving digital material.
- Knowledge of current trends, tools, and protocols in digital archiving and preservation.
- Familiarity with metadata standards relevant to archival collections.
- Experience in designing and managing complex projects.
- Experience working collaboratively with staff.
How to apply
Published: Sunday, September 29, 2013 09:32 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC