Supervisor - Library and Technical Services
Created: September 23, 2013
Higher Colleges of Technology Abu Dhabi0 other recent jobs
DescriptionAs the largest Higher Education system in the United Arab Emirates, the Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT) is at the forefront of the country’s higher education system, providing programs to over 19,000 UAE National students at 17 Colleges across the UAE. Our team of 2000 employees represents over 60 different nationalities, making the HCT a true representation of the UAE’s diverse ethnic mix.
The Supervisor of Library and Technical Services is responsible for the ownership and successful delivery of the system-wide Library collection development process. The incumbent leads the Technical Services team in establishing and maintaining effective support services, which includes oversight of acquisitions, cataloguing, processing and distribution functions for all HCT library resources. Working closely with Educational Technology, IT, Academic Central Services, and college staff, the incumbent participates in planning exercises and policy development designed to enhance and support service delivery for libraries and Independent Learning Centers (ILC).
- A Master's Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution or equivalent
- A minimum of 10 years of related work experience, with at least 3 years spent in a supervisory/leadership role
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a Library Technical Services unit
- At least 3 years of experience in a role implementing and operating an automated library system; experience with the Millennium System is desirable
- Proven expertise in one or more areas of library technical services: acquisitions, cataloguing, classification, serials, or library automation operations
- A high degree of computer literacy and demonstrated ability to integrate technology into the learning environment
- Current knowledge of industry practices, trends and issues Superior interpersonal skills as demonstrated by the ability to form professional relationships at all levels within the organization and with appropriate external stakeholders
- Experience in budget planning and implementation
We offer a comprehensive tax-free salary and benefits package for expatriate applicants including accommodation allowance, 30 working days of paid annual leave, tuition assistance for eligible dependents, comprehensive medical coverage, annual air ticket allowance for you and your family, plus a contract completion bonus. For a detailed job description and to apply online, please visit our website at: http://recruit.hct.ac.ae.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC