DescriptionThe Digital Resources Librarian works collaboratively with the Special Collections Librarian and other personnel to create, maintain, and promote UMW Libraries' digital collections, including creating policies and usage guidelines, planning and implementing workflows, and overseeing quality control. Under the supervision of the Special Collections Librarian, this position will develop strategies for the management of digital assets, advise faculty and students on best practices for preserving scholarship and digital projects, and participate in campus-wide conversations on scholarly communications.
- MLS or MSI degree from an ALA-accredited institution of higher education.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging trends, issues, and methods of access to scholarly resources, combined with a strong service orientation.
- Understanding of the variety of metadata standards used in digital collections (e.g., EAD, VRA Core, Dublin Core); familiarity with digital conversion technologies, digital object standards and workflows.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Experience developing and promoting a digital repository.
- Experience working with students, faculty, and staff to create, plan, and implement digital projects.
- Experience working with digital repositories in an academic library environment.
- Experience with standard web programming languages and with creating online exhibits.
Source: Thanks to Carolyn P. for the heads up!
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC