DescriptionThe Internet Archive is seeking an Outreach Partner Specialist for Archive-It.
Archive-It is a web archiving service first launched at the Internet Archive in 2006 that enables 300+ library and archives to capture and manage the highest quality content from the web. As the service continues to expand, we need to expand our partner support team in Europe and are looking for a hard working, resourceful and collaborative individual to join us. The ideal candidate is flexible, willing to work hard in a loosely structured environment, is highly collaborative and has a good understanding and appreciation of how the web works.
This position is based in London, England and would be working remotely from the rest of the Archive-It team based in San Francisco California. A simple office would be provided, most likely nearby to the Internet Archive scanning center, which is currently located at NHM (the Natural History Museum).
The Partner Specialist is the first point of contact for Archive-It partners and has the primary responsibility for interacting with partners, understanding their needs and ensuring their overall satisfaction. This particular position would be responsible for supporting the existing small partner base in Europe, as well as outreach and marketing to potential new partners in Europe. Part of the position is promoting the Archive-It service with enthusiasm, acting as an external evangelist.
The majority of the technical support questions would be filtered to our team in San Francisco; although a degree of comfort with technology and technical issues would be important.
- High visibility as the front line of support with partners’ issues and concerns.
- Leading monthly online informational webinars for potential partners
- Attending and presenting at regional conferences.
- Introducing potential partners and new partners to the service with web based trainings and helping them effectively optimize our tools.
- Outreach to potential new partners – creating awareness about web archiving and the Archive-It service, potentially coordinating web archiving workshops.
- Working with existing partners to understand how they use the application and how it could be improved.
- 2-3 years in library services, marketing and/or customer service
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and presentation.
- Detail oriented with strong follow through skills
- Self-starter who takes initiative and is able to work independently
- Ability to build solid relationships primarily online and over the telephone
- An interest in, and appreciation for, working with libraries, archives, museums and other memory institutions.
- Strong organizational skills: the ability to juggle multiple tasks, deadlines and responsibilities.
- Clear sense of integrity and strong work ethic.
- Comfortable in a distributed work force
- A sense of humor, and a coach-able spirit will be appreciated.
- There would be some travel in Europe required and possibly 1 trip a year to the U.S.
B.A. or work equivalent
Please send your resume and cover letter to kristine at archive dot org with the subject line “Outreach Partner Specialist, UK Archive-It".
The Archive thanks all applicants for their interest, but advises that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please!
We are an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply
Published: Friday, September 20, 2013 19:57 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC