- creating customized displays of the materials in the Digital Grinnell repository system, as defined by faculty, curators, librarians, and curricular technologists, for teaching, exhibition, and communication;
- participating in the creation of digital content in a variety of formats for the system;
- sharing in the training of students and other staff for creating content, entering and reviewing metadata, and troubleshooting;
- serving as a technical contact for DiscoveryGarden and other vendors;
- creating local documentation;
- supporting other curricular technology development (10%, under supervision of the Senior Curricular Technology Specialist).
Digital Grinnell operates on open-source software running on a LAMP stack. Specific applications in the Digital Grinnell environment include the following:
- Islandora (a Drupal front end over a Fedora repository)
- Open Journal Systems
- Open Conference Systems
- Madison Digital Image Database (MDID)
- (Proposed) A new Islandora-based digital image system to replace MDID
- (In development) VuFind, as a portal to content housed in these and other systems
The Grinnell College Libraries, 2011 winner in the College Library category of the Excellence in Academic Libraries Award of the Association of College and Research Libraries, is a highly collaborative organization based on four overlapping functional clusters, with leadership of each cluster shared by small teams of librarians and staff. The Libraries work closely with Information Technology Services, Curricular Technology, the Faulconer Gallery (the College's art museum), the Visual Resources curator, the Dean's Office, and other campus units concerned with creation and curation of collections and technologies for learning, teaching, and communication.
Skills and Requirements
Application Process: To be considered for this position, please submit applications online by visiting our employment website at https://jobs.grinnell.edu. Applicants must complete the online application and attach a cover letter, resume, and a list of references. This position will remain open until filled. Please contact the Office of Human Resources at (641) 269-4818 with questions.
- Job Type:
- Job URL:
- Page Views:
- Office of Human Resources