Data Services Library Associate
New York University Abu Dhabi
- Build data collections and facilitate access to additional data resources
- Engage in outreach to faculty and students through subject and departmental liaison activities
- Design and conduct data literacy instruction
- Participate in reference and consultation activities as a part of the NYU-Abu Dhabi Library team
- Provide and develop innovative services in support of research, teaching, and learning
- Teach research strategies in a variety of contexts
- ALA-accredited MLS or accepted international equivalent.
- Knowledge of public and proprietary resources for national and international numeric and geospatial data.
- Knowledge of trends in data management and description.
Academic background or significant experience with a discipline relevant to the social sciences such as Economics, Political Science, Public Policy, or Sociology.
- 1+ years' experience working in libraries, including research, bibliographic instruction and/or reference work.
- Working knowledge of software for statistical and geospatial analysis (e.g. SAS, SPSS, Stata, R, GIS applications)
- Experience working in an academic library.
- Flexibility, creativity, and a strong customer service commitment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to establish positive long-distance working relationships with NYU Libraries in New York and to work collegially within a small, highly collaborative local unit.
- Demonstrated history of flexibility, creativity, and strong customer service commitment.
- Excellent English language communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a complex organization.
Competence in a language other than English.
- Job Type:
- Job URL:
- Page Views: