Assistant Director/Head of Technology and User Experience
Ames Free Library Central Library
The Ames Free Library of Easton invites applications from creative, technology-driven librarians with people skills, for the position of Assistant Director/ Head of Technology and User Experience (TUX).**
This newly-defined position is aimed at a dynamic individual who will play a key role in helping the library achieve a rich online experience for all library users, in addition to regular duties associated with being a member of the library’s senior management team.
- Providing leadership for the identification, assessment, and implementation of emerging technologies that increase and enhance access to library resources and services;
- Overseeing hardware and software specific to the Library (including web management, mobile services, network security and telephone system).
- Maintaining the Local Area Network, Network computers, servers and related peripherals within the library.
- Providing PC hardware and software support; preparing user documentation.
- Managing the library website and performing periodic maintenance, including updates and enhancements.
- Supervising and scheduling reference and technical services staff;
- Managing campus building issues.
- ALA accredited Master of Library Science degree or equivalent;
- 3 – 5 years of professional library experience including supervisory experience
- Knowledge of the MARC bibliographic record standard.
- Familiarity with Web Design Software (such as Dreamweaver, Expression Studio, NetObjects Fusion).
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Understanding of Local Area Networks, including wired and wireless connections.
- Experience with social networking tools and services.
- Ability to function in a teamwork-oriented environment with a strong service orientation.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix operating systems.
- Experience with Web CMS Systems (Drupal, WordPress, etc).
- Familiarity with Relational Database Systems and SQL.
- Familiarity with PHP, Perl or another programming language.
- Familiarity with Mobile Web technologies.
Starting date: July 2, 2012.
Closing Date: June 15, 2012
Send Résumé and cover letter to:
53 Main Street
North Easton, MA
- Job Type:
- Page Views:
- Kevin Kidd