Job Announcement Number:12R-JW-297722-DEU-NMAH
SALARY RANGE: $62,467.00 to $81,204.00 / Per Year
OPEN PERIOD: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 to Wednesday, May 09, 2012
SERIES & GRADE: GS-1701-11
POSITION INFORMATION: Full-Time, Permanent - Federal
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy(s) in the following locations:
Washington, DC, USView Map
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED:
This position is open to all U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals.
Note: Federal employees with permanent status or individuals eligible for special appointing authorities should apply to Job Announcement #12R-JW-297722-MPA-NMAH.
Additional selections may be made from this announcement.
This position is located within the Department of New Media, in the Office of Education and Public Programs of the National Museum of American History. The purpose of this position is to plan digital outreach initiatives that further the Museum's mission and goals; manage and contribute to the publication of the Museum's blog, social media, and e-mail communication; and evaluate and report on digital outreach and other new media initiatives.
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."
- Pass Pre-employment Background Investigation
- May need to complete a Probationary Period
- Maintain a Bank Account for Direct Deposit/Electronic Transfer
- Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered with Selective Service.
- Leads the interpretive planning for and the development of digital outreach initiatives.
- Designs outreach campaigns and activities that support the Museum mission and educational goals by broadening access to online audiences and encouraging more deeply engaging digital experiences.
- Manages content development, review, editing and publishing process for the museum blog and other visitor-focused digital outreach.
- Conducts and/or coordinates formative and summative evaluations of the Museum’s digital outreach activities and other new media efforts.
- Uses Web analytics, user surveys, and other appropriate forms of testing and feedback to assess visitor interests and behaviors, prototype proposed outreach methods, and measure the effectiveness of completed projects.
You must meet these Basic Education Requirements:
[A]Degree: that included or was supplemented by major study in education or in a subject-matter field appropriate to the position.
[B]Combination of education and experience -- courses equivalent to a major in education, or in a subject-matter field appropriate to the position, plus appropriate experience or additional course work that provided knowledge comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in A above.
In addition to Basic Requirements above, you must have following:
Experience: One year of full-time experience at the GS-09 level that is close or similar to the work of this job. The experience includes activities such as implementing digital outreach activities for a broad public audience, creating and managing educational content for online dissemination, and evaluating educational outreach programs. Part-time and/or unpaid experience related to this position will be considered to determine the total number of years and months of experience. Be sure to note the number of paid or unpaid hours worked each week. Or Education: Three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree related to the position may be substituted to meet the experience requirements. Or a Combination: Education and experience may be combined to meet the basic qualifications. For a full explanation of this option please see the Qualification Standards. Special Instructions for Foreign Education: If you are qualifying by education and/or you have education completed in a foreign college/university described above, it is your responsibility to provide transcripts and/or proof of U.S. accreditation for foreign study. For instructions on where to fax these documents, see the "Required Documents" section of this announcement.
Qualification requirements must be met within 30 days of the job announcement closing date.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated first for the basic qualifications described above. The applications that meet the basic qualifications will be evaluated further against the following criteria:
- Knowledge of museum practices and procedures as they apply to the development of educational activities and digital resources.
- Knowledge of the variety of ways that digital platforms are used for informal education, visitor engagement, and dissemination of information.
- Ability to write and edit educational content for websites, blogs, and social media.
- Ability to assist subject-matter experts to leverage, and adapt content for, digital outreach initiatives.
- Knowledge of measurement and evaluation techniques for educational museum programs, particularly relating to the effectiveness and usability of online initiatives.
- Ability to use industry-standard tools for Web publishing, graphic design, photo editing, social media management, and/or content management systems.
The Smithsonian offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, vacation and sick leave, holidays, health/life insurance, accident insurance, and excellent retirement program options. Please see Benefits at www.sihr.si.edu for a complete description.
Flexible Spending Accounts - http://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp Health Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp Leave - http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp Life Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp Long Term Care Insurance - http://www.ltcfeds.com Retirement Program - http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
- Job Type:
- Job URL:
- Page Views: