Head, Information Technology Services
Linda Hall Library
Reporting to the Director of Innovative Technologies and Library Resource Management, the Head of Information Technology Services will manage all aspects of library information technology as deployed or planned at the Library, including information technology systems, networked information delivery, and authentication systems; oversee hardware and software specific to the Library (including web services, financial management, telephone system, network security, and information access and production technologies); and supervise two full-time staff positions.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, manage, and oversee complex projects, meet deadlines, and prioritize work in alignment with the service goals of the Library.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with integrated library systems, computer hardware and software, network operating systems, and other discovery systems.
- Commitment to technological innovation and ability to define, plan, and implement the next generation of library information systems
- Administrative experience managing Unix/Linux servers and Apple and Windows workstations within a Microsoft Windows Active Directory Domain; working knowledge of LDAP and other middleware authentication systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of SQL server databases and reporting systems
- Managerial and supervisory skills, including excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Experience with the Ex Libris suite of library products and services
- Experience in leading the conceptual design, development, and implementation of next-generation digital initiatives and information technology services, including website content management systems
- Experience in managing various technologies such as application systems, server and network infrastructure, public/staff computing areas, digital collections
- Experience coordinating and/or conducting technology training
- 3-5 years experience working in a library environment
- ALA accredited MLS, advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
This position operates in a normal library environment and involves standing or sitting for extended periods, repetitive movements, and the ability to move between floors within the library.
To apply, please submit an application (available at http://www.lindahall.org/employment), cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 18, 2012.
Linda Hall Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Linda Hall Library
5109 Cherry St.
Kansas City, MO 64110
- Job Type:
- Job URL:
- Page Views:
- Keri Cascio