Access will be provided increasingly through electronic networks and consortial arrangements.
The Libraries, through traditional methods and through digital information resources, provide bibliographic, reference, and instructional support to assist the university's programs of teaching, research, scholarly and creative production, and public service.
For more information, about our department and strategic vision please visit our website at http://www.library.unt.edu
Work as a flexible member of the Digital Libraries Division software development team. Contribute to the development and maintenance of the Digital Libraries application framework and infrastructure. Provide programming support for the development of digital library initiatives, including The Portal to Texas History and the UNT Digital Library. This position will provide technical support and will consult and assist with planning and implementing digital projects in the UNT Libraries.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the development of the CODA digital archiving environment and replication system
- Provide programming support for the Aubrey Search Service
- Adhere to the unit's version control practices for software development and deployment
- Adhere to the unit's testing practices for software and interfaces
- Participate in grant and externally funded projects as assigned
- Act as administrator of the LOCKSS systems managed by the UNT Libraries for the MetaArchive and the global LOCKSS network
- Act as a developer of the TexasHeritageOnline.org search system
- Minimum Qualifications The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree with coursework in computing or information systems and one year of related computing or programming work experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
- Considerable knowledge of the methods and equipment used in electronic data processing
- Skill in writing programs for computer applications
- Ability to analyze problems and develop solutions
Preferred Qualifications The preferred candidate will possess the following:
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time at a computer terminal
- Visual acuity to use a computer monitor
- Manual dexterity to use a computer keyboard and mouse and to manipulate small hand tools
- Demonstrated desire to learn new tool sets and programming languages
- Familiarity with the Linux operating system
- Familiarity with open source tools and environments
- Working knowledge of version control systems
- Working knowledge of XML and related technologies
- Familiarity with the following technologies and/or applications: Python, PHP, Apache, MySQL, and Java
- Job Type:
- Job URL:
- Page Views:
- Mark Phillips