WorldShare Platform Community Manager at OCLC
OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc. is a nonprofit, membership, computer library service and research organization dedicated to the public purposes of furthering access to the world's information and reducing information costs. Tens of thousands of libraries around the world use OCLC services to locate, acquire, catalog, lend and preserve library materials. We are currently seeking candidates for a Product Manager, WorldShare Platform Community position at our Corporate Headquarters in Dublin (Columbus), Ohio.
The Product Manager, WorldShare Platform Community is responsible for managing the community of users of Platform-based applications and services known as the WorldShare Platform.
The Product Manager, WorldShare Platform Community will act as a champion for OCLC’s Platform within the development community, creating awareness of the Platform and increasing its adoption in the library and other development spaces. The successful candidate, therefore, will have a comprehensive knowledge not only of library workflows, but also of platform development processes. Strong knowledge of other business process systems, such as Blackboard, PeopleSoft, and 3M, as well as 3rd party platforms and social networks is also a plus. Robust knowledge of WMS functionality and integration with other OCLC products and services would be extremely beneficial.
The Product Manager, WorldShare Platform Community, will work closely with library and third-party developers to ensure broad adoption of Platform services. This activity includes championing both the Platform and the developer network; creating demonstration code; developing and maintaining documentation and training programs; and helping manage events involving the developer community. The Community Manager will be responsible for representing OCLC and the WorldShare Platform at conferences and other speaking engagements. The Community Manager will also be instrumental in providing product management feedback to ongoing Platform development and service exposure.
The Product Manager, WorldShare Platform Community, will be a cross-functional leader who works comfortably in a matrix management environment. She/he will accomplish a great deal of work through other people and other functional departments, including close work with Marketing, Implementation, Customer Services, and across Global Product Management.
Product Strategy and Planning:
- Collaborates with Product Marketing in the development of roll-out and product communication strategies.
- Assists in the development of strategies for effective use of Platform services; manages relationships with the developer network community; and assists marketing and sales teams in generation of marketing and awareness plans.
- Participates in sales calls requiring significant Platform engagement.
- Provides input into portfolio business plans, roadmaps, strategies, metrics, and progress reports and reviews.
- Develops documentation (including code samples) and other materials to support effective use of the Platform and its services
- Creates and maintains a curriculum for introducing library app development and extending the use of Platform services/technology
- Facilitates collaboration, communication, and idea generation within the developer community
- Advanced degree in either business, library, or information science
- 2 to 4 years of product, project or program management experience
- Knowledge of OpenSocial, OAuth, and other Web standards
- Ability to develop apps in at least one of the following: PHP, Perl, Python, or Ruby
- Well developed communication and presentation skills
- Strong customer relationship skills
- 2 to 4 years experience in library services or library management systems, preferred
- Job Type:
- Job URL:
- Page Views: