The University of Notre Dame Hesburgh Libraries seeks a knowledgeable, creative and dynamic individual for the position of Electronic Resources Librarian. Working in a collaborative team environment this position will be responsible for improving discoverability of electronic resources tools and services as well as ongoing electronic resources management and support. The position reports to the Head, Acquisitions, Resources and Discovery Services Department in the Information Systems and Digital Access Division. The Electronic Resources Librarian works collaboratively with stakeholders in the Libraries to improve and enhance access to growing electronic resources collections. The preferred candidate will have demonstrated a strong interest in electronic resources management, emerging technologies, and user information needs.
- Provides professional leadership and expertise in management of technologies used to support enhance access to electronic resources
- As part of electronic resources support team assists with all aspects of electronic resources support. Communicates with library users, publishers, vendors and library staff to resolve access problems
- Works collaboratively with stakeholders to coordinate and lead improvements to existing electronic resources tools
- Works collaboratively with stakeholders to develop new services to improve user access to electronic resources
- Works collaboratively with stakeholders to integrate electronic resources tools and services into Libraries website
- Provides guidance and expertise within the Libraries for RefWorks, including advanced user support and training for faculty and students. Liaison with campus IT departments regarding RefWorks
- Assists with management of electronic resources using CORAL Electronic Resources Management System
- Monitors trends and best practices in library resource access and discoverability
Experience and Qualifications
Minimum qualifications: MLS degree from ALA-accredited program or non-U.S. equivalent.
- Electronic resources experience
- Knowledge of trends and applications in electronic resource management
- Strong service orientation
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects and set priorities in a time-sensitive environment
- Enthusiasm for the fast-paced, evolving nature of electronic resources
- Familiarity with Open URL resolver, federated search, EZ Proxy, ILS and ERM Management
- The ability to work in a highly collaborative and team oriented environment as well as the ability to take a leadership role in a group activities
- Experience with programming; preferably with PHP, Ruby, or other scripting language
- Experience with vendors and content providers, including subscription agents, publishers, and library consortia
Environment: The University of Notre Dame is a highly selective national Catholic teaching and research university in northern Indiana about ninety miles from Chicago. Approximately 8,200 undergraduates and 3,100 graduate students pursue a broad range of studies. The University Libraries <http://www.library.nd.edu> hold about 3 million volumes and provide access to more than 23,000 serials. The Libraries have 140 staff and 55 librarians. The Libraries is a member of the Academic Libraries of Indiana (ALI), ARL, NERL and other consortia. The University of Notre Dame is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer strongly committed to diversity. We value qualified candidates who can bring a variety of backgrounds to our community.
Further details & applications: More information can be found about this position at the Libraries’ website: http://www.library.nd.edu/about/employment/ To apply, please include a letter, curriculum vitae and the names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of three references. Electronic submission of applications is required. Send all application documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> The review of applications will begin on March 11, 2012 and will continue until the candidates are chosen.
- Job Type:
- Page Views: