Diné College seeks an entry‑level professional librarian for the position of Systems Librarian. The person in this position will administer the integrated library system (Voyager), manage the library’s growing collection of electronic resources, maintain the library’s website, and manage all the hardware and software in the library.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers the integrated library system (Voyager). Works collaboratively with the vendor in installing, upgrading, troubleshooting, and training. Runs reports as requested.
- Manages the library’s growing collection of electronic resources. Leads the library in exploring, evaluating, and adopting technologies that enhance its resources and services, and provides training for such technologies as needed. Will maintain, promote, develop access to, and monitor usage of electronic resources. Negotiates license agreements. Manages the library’s growing collection of electronic resources. Leads the library in exploring, evaluating, and adopting technologies that enhance its resources and services, and provides training for such technologies as needed. Will maintain, promote, develop access to, and monitor usage of electronic resources. Negotiates license agreements.
- Maintains the library’s website with a focus toward student learning.
- Manages and supports all of the hardware and software in the library, in collaboration with the IT department.
- Serves patrons at the Circulation/Information desk. May include some evening and/or weekend hours.
- Participates in special projects or initiatives in distance education, digital projects, and/or scholarly communications.
Education: Master’s degree in Library Science from a program accredited by the American Library Association.
- Entry level position. 0 to 6 months experience. Familiarity with integrated library systems, electronic resources, web design, and the hardware and software used in library applications. Other Skills:
- Ability to work effectively both in a team and independently
- Demonstrated working knowledge of technology (both hardware and software), integrated library systems, and web design principles.
- Ability to work pleasantly and cooperatively with faculty, staff, and students. Operation of Equipment and/or Machinery:
- Personal computer and peripheral; eligibility for the Navajo Nation driving permit; state driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle. Expectations:
- Must be student‑centered and service‑oriented.
- Creates and maintains a stable and efficient technology environment for all library operations.
- Will be able to communicate about and advise on emerging technologies and information service trends.
- Will endeavor to design, deliver, and assess technological services with a focus on student learning.
Language: Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of fluency in the speaking and writing of the English language. Oral fluency in Navajo is highly desirable, but not mandatory.
Conditions: Pre‑employment policies as indicated in the Diné College Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual 300.01. Section F, for background verification, and 400.04, Section H.1., for substance abuse prevention. 400.02, Section A.1., sixty (60) workdays probationary period for nonsupervisory employees, and 400.02, Section A.2., probationary period 120 workdays for supervisors.
How to apply: Please find all the information / documents needed to apply are on the website: email@example.com ~or~ http://www.dinecollege.edu We do not accept FAX copies & incomplete packets. Diné College gives preference to eligible and qualified applicants in accordance with the Navajo Preference in Employment Act (NPEA) and the Veterans' Preference.
- Job Type:
- Page Views: