Center for the Study of Political Graphics
Full-time position to oversee a two-year, NHPRC grant-funded project to process and describe, on a basic folder-level, CSPG’s entire collection of over 80,000 social movement posters, create an online collection finding aid, catalogue on the item-level CSPG’s complete collection of Vietnam War Era posters, and give access to item-level catalogue records through an online searchable interface. The Project Archivist will also supervise Archival Assistant(s) and interns working on this project. The Project Archivist reports to the CSPG Archivist.
- Oversee the processing and folder-level description of the collection.
- Finalize folder-level description records for the collection to generate an EAD collection finding aid.
- Create MARC collection-level record and submit it to OCLC and other bibliographic catalogues.
- Finalize item-level catalogue records in the catalogue system, MIMSY XG, and upload records to the online interface.
- Manage the digitization of prioritized items.
- Research the copyright status for digitized posters.
- Supervise Archival Assistant(s) and interns.
Additional Salary Information: Salary will be based on qualifications and experience. Includes medical benefits, sick days and vacation days. CSPG cannot compensate for relocation expenses.
A Master's Degree in Library or Information Science or equivalent education and experience is required. Project archivist must have a minimum of two-year processing and cataloguing experience in an archives or special collection, demonstrated knowledge of EAD and MARC, digital collections management experience, supervisory experience and working-knowledge of copyright law. Experience with print, poster or visual collections preferred. Academic background in history, art history or the humanities preferred.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume and 3 professional references by August 24, 2012. Email preferred. Attn: Mary Sutton, Program Director, email@example.com CSPG, 8124 West Third Street, Suite 211, Los Angeles, CA 90048-4309 Phone: 323-653-4662 Fax: 323-653-6991 www.politicalgraphics.org
- Job Type:
- Job URL:
- Page Views: